SGWI has three arms, Eco and Enviro, Ancient Sacred Sites and Health & Wellbeing for the humans looking after the other stuff!
Full of Stonehenge related documents, articles, videos and maps – set up after the 2009-11 Public Inquiry when Wiltshire CC tried to prevent vehicles accessing the droves, which are Byways Open To All Traffic and remain so now.
The tunnel consultation threatened to prevent vehicle access on the whole Stonehenge area unless farm or athorised, we will challenge that as there are precedents to uphold our right of amenity to use and drive along the byways
Law – Countryside & Rights of Way Act 2000 + Part 11 relating to byways
Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 CROW
This is the section relating to changes in regulationms of droves, byways and rights of way – also see in our Files https://www.facebook.com/notes/stonehenge-law-planning-library/byway-boats-drove/434284746677977
If you look at section 5 Miscellaneous, 1. 66. Making of traffic regulation orders for purposes of conserving natural beauty, etc. you will see its similar to the reason for the Traffic Regulatory Order attempt in Oct 2011 which resulted in the Public Inquiry Decision that a BOAT and vehicular usage superseded perceived improved views!
Part II Public rights of way and road traffic
1. Public rights of way and definitive maps and statements
1. 47. Redesignation of roads used as public paths.
2. 48. Restricted byway rights.
3. 49. Provisions supplementary to ss. 47 and 48.
4. 50. Private rights over restricted byways.
5. 51. Amendments relating to definitive maps and statements and restricted byways.
6. 52. Restricted byways: power to amend existing legislation.
7. 53. Extinguishment of unrecorded rights of way.
8. 54. Excepted highways and rights of way.
9. 55. Bridleway rights over ways shown as bridleways.
10. 56. Cut-off date for extinguishment etc.
2. Creation, stopping up and diversion of highways
1. 57. Creation, stopping up and diversion of highways.
2. 58. Application for path creation order for purposes of Part I.
3. 59. Effect of Part I on powers to stop up or divert highways.
3. Rights of way improvement plans
1. 60. Rights of way improvement plans.
2. 61. Rights of way improvement plans: supplemental.
3. 62. Application of ss. 60 and 61 to inner London.
4. Removal of obstructions from highways
1. 63. Enforcement of duty to prevent obstructions.
2. 64. Power to order offender to remove obstruction.
3. 65. Overhanging vegetation obstructing horse-riders.
1. 66. Making of traffic regulation orders for purposes of conserving natural beauty, etc.
2. 67. Prohibition on driving mechanically propelled vehicles elsewhere than on roads.
3. 68. Vehicular access across common land etc.
4. 69. Erection or improvement of stiles, etc.
5. 70. Minor amendments.
6. 71. Reports on functions relating to rights of way.
7. 72. Interpretation of Part II
click here for Agenda to next RT meeting to add items to discuss
PLEASE CLICK IT, DOWNLOAD & DISTRIBUTE
Summer Solstice Stonehenge Celebrations
19-21 June 2018
After last year’s free festival success..
Site To Be Advised
Info Helpline 079854 10488
Bands and acts wanted
Shortlink is: https://wp.me/p71YEr-ix
Summer Solstice 2017 Stonehenge: Sunset Tuesday 20 June, Sunrise Wednesday 21 June
Stonehenge Summer solstice car park opens on
20th june 19.00pm
Carpark Charge is £15 for cars and live in vehicles upto 19 seats
2 mile walk to stones from car park
drive off site by 12pm 21st june.
NO Booze allowed into stones
Free food will be given out by the Hare Krsnas
or you can buy dead animals in a bread roll for £10
at the Rip off burger stalls
No tents or sleeping bags allowed into stones only a blanket
selfie sticks may be taken away by Security as its a lethal weapon as Security said to me last year
no umbrellas allowed or flag poles as G Dice George found out last year
dont climb Stones or draw on the Stones and behave correctly, by all means sing dance get your tits out and have fun, love peace and hugs David Firestar
Lots of Stonehengey places on facebook – like
Stonehenge Free Festival Campaign
See English Heriticage’s site at: