People who want to stand on a fallen Stone should take all their clothes off first. But no climbing. http://heritageaction.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/stonehenge-english-heritage-make-it-very-clear/#comment-17430
I believe that astronomically we should celebrate sunrise Tuesday 23rd Sept 2014 and Monday 22 December 2014 at Stonehenge. But many people would prefer Sunday 21 December cos its a weekend and that’s what their diary says. But if you’re looking for the solstice sunrise alignment its Monday 22nd December2014 , I claim. [dicegeorge]
Date & Time of Solstices & Equinoxes in 2014
•Autumnal Equinox (Fall) September 23 2014 02:29 GMT
•Winter Solstice (Winter) December 21 2014 23:03 GMT
There has been a great deal of discussion on this subject and many groups, this is a Note to encourage discussion here or elsewhere regarding two vital legal precedents relating to ACCESS Obviously these are not my opinions but simply how the law stands at present in relation to demands fo…r the public to freely gather there, whether at specific times or at all times.
EU HUMAN RIGHTS PRECEDENT When reading this EU Commission [Courts of Human Rights] 1998 judgment, Application No. 31416/96 note what was NOT done to find a solution [there are clues] before applying to the Commission by the then druid complainants and see whether anything has changed, ie what would be said now if that precedent was placed in front of the Commission – especially in relation to discrimination. “It follows that this part of the application is manifestly ill-founded within the meaning of Article 27 para. 2 of the Convention. “
In other words, NO single religion is ever going to be given precedence over another neither in EU or UK law, especially whilst the established religion in the UK is Christianity.
UK PRECEDENT Law Lords precedent Law Lords back public gatherings May 1999
More info in the Stonehenge Library in Files https://www.facebook.com/groups/stonehengelawplanninglibrary/
Feel free to share and the more the merrier as this will require some deep consideration and discussion, as a druid I can see that originally the druids might have relied upon their religion in order to get in to the Stones when there was an exclusion, now the public including
ALL other religions and the general public including those you do not agree with MUST be equitably and equally accommodated/allowed access and only a movement which includes everyone equally and publicly considering the public outnumber any other groupings, will legally and deservingly succeed . If you want to change the law, then that is another issue!
2014 Summer Solstice by Orangejuicemint1
Regardless of whether you support Arthur or his work, his achievements and continued work are respected for the current open access arrangements and the end of the “exclusion zone” that we were forced to tolerate during the years after the Battle of the Beanfield until the Round Table Meeting group formed in the late 90’s to manage open access at the two equinoxes and two solstices.
Find out all about Arthur Pendragon and The Loyal Arthurian Warband, and their campaigns here
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 ( As Amended) – section ?
Temporary Closure Relating to
Stonehenge Summer Solstice 2014Notice is hereby given that Wiltshire Council has madeOrder to ????
Order A: Byway 12 Amesbury from a point approximately 500 metres south of its intersection with A303 to its junction with Fargo Road, Larkhill to Vehicles equestrians and pedestrians. This Order can be cited as The County Of Wiltshire (Byway 12, Amesbury) (Temporary Prohibition Order No.2.2014Order B: Byway 11 Amesbury from its intersection with the A303 (T) to a point approximately 500 metres south to vehicles, equestrians and pedestrians. This Order can be cited as The County of Wiltshire (Byway 12, Amesbury)(Temporary Prohibition) Order No 1.2014
These Closures are to ensure public safety
Order A No Suitable alternative route.
Order B No Suitable Alternative Route.
These Orders come into FORCE on 18 June 2014. The Orders will have maximum duration of SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!
However in is anticipated that the Orders will be
operational as follows:
From 08.00 hours Wednesday 18th June 2014 to 08.00 on Sunday 22 June 2014
Solicitor to the Council.
May 18th 2014.
Took this photograph on Tuesday. Please read very carefully, because if this isn’t an exclusion Zone I would like to know what is!!!!! This is at both entrances to Byway 12! No public access whether by foot or by vehicle via the A344, no access even to pedestrians on the Byway 12 or 11. No parking obviously on the A303 and so the total control of the landscape is complete…oh and no suitable alternative routes!!!! So the only way we are ALLOWED to access Stonehenge is via English Heritages visitor center!! There seems to be no current evidence on the Wiltshire Council web pages. Please Telephone Mr John Cole at Wiltshire Highways.
(copied from https://www.facebook.com/notes/stonehenge-law-planning-library/conditions-of-entry-disabled-access-etc-summer-solstice-2014/523661667740284 By Andraste Herewig on Thursday, 8 May 2014 at 11:44 )
- Summer Solstice 2014 general info: http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/summer-solstice/?lang=en
- Conditions of entry http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/content/imported-docs/p-t/summer-solstice-coe14.pdf
- Facilities http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/summer-solstice/facilities/
- What and what not to bring http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/summer-solstice/bring/?lang=en
- Disabled Access
- from: http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/summer-solstice/disabled-access/?lang=en
- Dedicated Accessible Parking
- There is dedicated parking for disabled people and their carers.
- Should you have a requirement for one of these spaces, please ask the stewards onarriving at Stonehenge and they will direct you to the parking area.
- There will also be a free bus service operating between this designated parking areaand Stonehenge for people who are wheelchair-bound, have mobility difficulties orwho are infirm.
- The bus will be available from 1900 hours (7.00pm) on Friday 20th June to 0830hours (8.30am) on Saturday 21st June.
- The collection point for this service will be adjacent to the parking area.
- If you wish to make use of this service, please speak to a steward on entering thecar park.
- Further Access Information
- Accessible toilets will be available in the monument field.
- Assistance dogs for deaf and disabled people are permitted into the monument field.
- Salisbury Red public tansport buses travelling from Salisbury station via Amesbury arewheelchair accessible.
- Disability aids are permitted for those arriving at the monument field via the disabledtransport, with the exception of shooting sticks.
- Please note that English Heritage is unable to provide wheelchairs