thank you everyone that made it onto, or tried to reach, this years Stonehenge free festival ‘Satellite site’ only two miles away from those sacred stones > those Rock n Roll UFOs didn’t disappoint as Chris Bowsher’s R.DF. took to the stage @ 11:00 PM solstice eve and gave a fantastic show … that those devotees on site wont forget in a hurry – this was the campaign’s fifth consecutive year of sponsorship and co-ordination. Thank you everyone that rang the two helplines this year. Having agreed to move on from a previous site @ Ratfyn Barrows it wasn’t too long before Wilts police’s ‘liason’ officers found the new festival site’s location and eventually got round to closing the grassy drove to further vehicles – unfortunately Celtic Steve & the N.F.A band just missed out !! We move into uncharted territory as the new Anti traveller / gypsy laws are introduced. With the autumn equinox celebrations @ Stonehenge approaching we’ve yet to see how the council & police are to react. A huge debt of gratitude goes out to the campaign/ Dub Bus Krew, Lief/ Love & @narchy Sound system, Lisa Vallance, Lou & Mardi, etc, etc
“Here is a quick summary of the Round Table meeting in Salisbury, held on the 4th March, 2019 to do with the forthcoming Spring Equinox at Stonehenge..
Wiltshire Council assured us that the Droves will be open for the Spring Equinox which is to be for the sunrise on Thursday 21st March. EH’s car park will be open free of charge from 4:30am. The Visitor Centre Toilets will be open and EH will be running buses from their car park. The car park will open at 4:30am and the buses will start running around 5:30am.”
Around 8.09 a.m. on Saturnday 22nd December 2018 the sun will rise at its most southernly as seen from the Stones.
But the Drove will probably be blocked by the alleged ‘authorities. , English Heritcage are opening their carpark at around 6 a.m. but refusing entry when its closed. See https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/stonehenge/plan-your-visit/winter-solstice-at-stonehenge/
STOP PRESS – the order closing the drove may have been quashed in court today
English Heriticage are opening their gates to their carpark and to Stonehenge at 5 a.m. on Sunday 23rd September 2018.
Unfortunately the Drove will be closed.
There are rumours of bands playing at Woodhenge
ROUND TABLE GROUP CODE OF CONDUCT (May 2018)
- Prepare for the meeting by reading the agenda, papers and any emails before the meeting.
- In order for all points on the agenda to be heard – try to be concise.
- Contribute positively to the discussions.
- Speak truthfully and do not deliberately misrepresent and misquote an individual (whether they are a RTG attendee or outside the meeting).
- Listen to other people’s views respectfully and don’t talk over others when they are speaking.
- Discourage side conversations to enable everyone to concentrate on the meeting.
- Agree to differ on issues where a ‘consensus’ is not reached.
- Commit to sharing the information exchanged with your external groups and organisations
- Actions from meetings to be distributed within 2 weeks of the meeting taking place
- Aggressive behaviour, swearing or insults won’t be tolerated by the group.
- Attendees unable to abide by the Code of Conduct may be issued with a warning and can be asked to leave; in extreme circumstances the meeting will be ended.
“Traffic Order -Experimental: closure to vehicles of BOATs on WHS!
Round Table Group meeting
Draft agenda for meeting on 17 October 2018
At Fisherton Hall, St Paul’s Church, Salisbury
Chair – Roy Gillet
1: Welcome, apologies, Code of Conduct and introductions
2: Report from planning team for Winter Solstice 2018
3: Feedback from RTG
4: Discussion on points raised
5: Ideas presented from interested parties for sharing spiritual and religious meaning of Stones
with Summer Solstice attendees
5: Date for next meeting and host decided