Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 ( As Amended) – section ?
Temporary Closure Relating to
Stonehenge Summer Solstice 2014Notice is hereby given that Wiltshire Council has madeOrder to ????
Order A: Byway 12 Amesbury from a point approximately 500 metres south of its intersection with A303 to its junction with Fargo Road, Larkhill to Vehicles equestrians and pedestrians. This Order can be cited as The County Of Wiltshire (Byway 12, Amesbury) (Temporary Prohibition Order No.2.2014Order B: Byway 11 Amesbury from its intersection with the A303 (T) to a point approximately 500 metres south to vehicles, equestrians and pedestrians. This Order can be cited as The County of Wiltshire (Byway 12, Amesbury)(Temporary Prohibition) Order No 1.2014
These Closures are to ensure public safety
Order A No Suitable alternative route.
Order B No Suitable Alternative Route.
These Orders come into FORCE on 18 June 2014. The Orders will have maximum duration of SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!
However in is anticipated that the Orders will be
operational as follows:
From 08.00 hours Wednesday 18th June 2014 to 08.00 on Sunday 22 June 2014
Solicitor to the Council.
May 18th 2014.
Took this photograph on Tuesday. Please read very carefully, because if this isn’t an exclusion Zone I would like to know what is!!!!! This is at both entrances to Byway 12! No public access whether by foot or by vehicle via the A344, no access even to pedestrians on the Byway 12 or 11. No parking obviously on the A303 and so the total control of the landscape is complete…oh and no suitable alternative routes!!!! So the only way we are ALLOWED to access Stonehenge is via English Heritages visitor center!! There seems to be no current evidence on the Wiltshire Council web pages. Please Telephone Mr John Cole at Wiltshire Highways.
(copied from https://www.facebook.com/notes/stonehenge-law-planning-library/conditions-of-entry-disabled-access-etc-summer-solstice-2014/523661667740284 By Andraste Herewig on Thursday, 8 May 2014 at 11:44 )
- Summer Solstice 2014 general info: http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/summer-solstice/?lang=en
- Conditions of entry http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/content/imported-docs/p-t/summer-solstice-coe14.pdf
- Facilities http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/summer-solstice/facilities/
- What and what not to bring http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/summer-solstice/bring/?lang=en
- Disabled Access
- from: http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/summer-solstice/disabled-access/?lang=en
- Dedicated Accessible Parking
- There is dedicated parking for disabled people and their carers.
- Should you have a requirement for one of these spaces, please ask the stewards onarriving at Stonehenge and they will direct you to the parking area.
- There will also be a free bus service operating between this designated parking areaand Stonehenge for people who are wheelchair-bound, have mobility difficulties orwho are infirm.
- The bus will be available from 1900 hours (7.00pm) on Friday 20th June to 0830hours (8.30am) on Saturday 21st June.
- The collection point for this service will be adjacent to the parking area.
- If you wish to make use of this service, please speak to a steward on entering thecar park.
- Further Access Information
- Accessible toilets will be available in the monument field.
- Assistance dogs for deaf and disabled people are permitted into the monument field.
- Salisbury Red public tansport buses travelling from Salisbury station via Amesbury arewheelchair accessible.
- Disability aids are permitted for those arriving at the monument field via the disabledtransport, with the exception of shooting sticks.
- Please note that English Heritage is unable to provide wheelchairs
EVERY DAY IS A SUN DAY ! EVERYBODY IS A WALLY !
Phil Russell (Wally Hope) 74
Hello. I am Wally Dean. I am the current caretaker for Wally Hope’s Ashbox. Wally Hope was the instigator of the first People’s Free Festival at Stonehenge in 1974. He died of a drugs overdose, after being imprisoned and sectioned in May 1975. Find out more about Wally Hope, The Wallies of Wessex and the Stonehenge Free Festivals at wallyhopes.blogspot.co.uk
or contact me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/180481282065/
IT IS WITH DEEP REGRET & SADNESS TO ANNOUNCE THAT ‘BUFF’ LEAD VOCALIST & STONEHENGE FESTIVAL CAMPAIGN ROAD MANAGER Loki Skipjuice SADLY PASSED AWAY AFTER THE MANCHESTER GIG – ON THE SIGNIFICANT DATE OF JUNE 1ST (2014) – THE ORIGINAL START DATE OF THE STONEHENGE FREE FESTIVAL – HE WAS WELL KNOWN AMONG THE TRAVELLING & FESTIVAL COMMUNITY & USED ‘BUFF’ AS A VEHICLE TO SUPPORT & DONATE CASH NUMEROUS WORTHY CHARITIES, HOMELESSNESS AMONGST THEM.
A PUBLIC MEMORIAL IN HONOUR OF LOKI WILL BE HELD @ MIDNIGHT JUNE 20 SUMMER SOLSTICE STONEHENGE @ THE HELE STONE – R.I.P LOKI – NEVER FORGOTTEN, DEEPLY MISSED.
Stonehenge was given by Cecil Chubb as a Deed of gift to the people of Britain. Cecil Chubb particularly insisted that there should be guaranteed access at all times to the Druids and the people of Albion, for their traditional observances…. Legally this must be recognised and the financial exploitation of Stonehenge by English Heritage on behalf of the Secretary of State, who owns the Freehold, brought to an end. English Heritage have gone too far in the exploitation of a living Burial Ground, whereby descendants of those scattered over the last several hundred years, wish and deserve, free access to the Sanctified Site at any time of the day or night. Especially as still today, many families of Albion have their loved ones ashes scattered around the Temple. The Obstruction by English Heritages’ Security measures, are a Breach of our Right to honour our Dead. English Heritage have one aim, ensuring Financial Profit for the Secretary of State at the expense of Dignity and Respect. This is a serious matter, this breech of our Human Rights to Worship. As are the current restrictions placed upon us with regards to the carrying out of Practices pertaining to the Respecting of our Dead. If you agree and wish to help change the status of this Sacred site from exploited tourist attraction, and return Stonehenge to a freely opened Temple Landscape, please sign and share the petition ♥ http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/david-cameron-return-stonehenge-to-a-fully-open-and-freely-accessible-monument
and the Facebook Site for further Information
Thanks for inviting me George – as discussed I will try up-loading the documents as Im not convinced they wont disappear off Facebook one day! Especially if we end up fighting another Stonehenge related planning application, which was the reason for my setting up the Library – was considering adding them to SGWI website but we running out of space :)!